I told myself, and a few of those whose blogs I follow, that I would create one as soon as I got engaged. Well folks, that time has come! And let me tell you, I am soooo very excited!! And I know a lot of people have heard the proposal story, but for those of you who haven't I will share it now.
So on July 6 I was up in Martin hanging out with Nathan at his parents house (his parents are in Maine for the summer). We had decided to make dinner and planned on eating around 6:15 or 6:30. Well, the chicken took a little longer than originally planned and I will be honest and say my side dishes weren't timed perfectly either. So by the time dinner is ready and we sit down to eat it is right before 7:00. And for those of you who know me, you know I am a sucker for cheesy, trashy, reality television shows. Therefore come 7:00, it is time for the Bachelorette. So me being the nice girlfriend that I am, I make Nathan turn on the tv so we can watch it during dinner. Therefore, I messed up his original plans. Oops. So later on that evening we were laying on the couch watching tv and Nathan turns to me and says, "So, you know I love you right?" And I was thinking, yeah ok. And then he says, "So, I have a question for you." At this point, I am still oblivious to everything. He then proceeds to pull out the ring and say. "WILL YOU MARRY ME???" And of course I scream, and yell OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, YESSSSS!! lol. It was a great night, and it was very much Nathan and I, if that even makes sense.
Date: May 15
Time: 5:00
Place: Lambuth Chapel
Reception: Jackson Country Club
So thus concludes my very first blog. I don't really know how all this works so be patient with me and feel free to give me any useful pointers. I will be on here frequently (hopefully) updating my wedding plans.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yay! You have a BLOG! You are a great storyteller!! I can't wait for more!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you guys!!!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see you in a few days and see that ring of yours!!! Oh, and if you want any pointers no the blog, i'll help you out while you're here!!
love you!